Me thinks the Kindle Fire is targeted to women.. not men. 7″ is ideal purse size, its primary function is still a eReader but now can do video too. web/email is ancillary to its eReader function. Smart. A 7″ Kindle Fire that can do cartoon playback, games and small for a child to manage.
So perfectly targeted.. Women, Mother+child device.
So in Summary I think the Kindle Fire 7″ incher is:
- device targeted to women/Mother w/ kids
- Primary function is simple games, videos and eReader.
- Purse size.
- No need for GPS <– on your Smartphone.
- No 3G <– 3G not enough bandwidth for EC3 need 4G/LTE
- No need for camera <– take via smartphone.
- iPad too big for Mothers to carry
- 7" perfect for child device
- One evolutionary step up from current Kindle
- Daddy on iPad while child on 7" kindle Fire mimicking Dad.
It’s also obvious they took note from B&N’s Nook Color Reader because the above 10 points are pretty much how the Nook is used.
Next : Kindle bonFire for Men